Local Development Plan
The Core Strategy is still under a partial review. It sets out the broad aims and objectives for sustainable development within the Bradford District for the next 15 to 20 years.
The plan sets out:
- sets out broad policies for guiding and restraining development.
- sets out the broad locations for new housing, employment and infrastructure investment.
- covers a broad range of important policy topics, including housing, employment, transport, retail, leisure and environmental policy areas
- takes account of national and regional planning policy along with the Council's Community Strategy.
- does not allocate specific sites for new housing and employment development.
- helps to determine planning applications.
Planning regulation is set to change in the near future and it is proposed that local plans will be speeded up dramatically with plans to be completed in 30 months.