Blue plaques list
Ilkley Civic Society Blue Plaques
Blue Plaques were first erected in London in 1867 and are now in most historic towns.
The Civic Society's blue plaque scheme is to celebrate the history of Ilkley and the buildings that have shaped the town..
- June 10th 2004 the Town Hall, Station Road unveiled by Alan Titchmarsh
sponsored by Ilkley Parish Council and Bradford MDC
- July 16th 2004 on The Manor House, Castle Yard by Ann Cryer MP.
sponsored by The Friends of the Manor House
- Friday 24th June 2005 Wells House in Darwin Gardens by Cllr Anne Hawksworth
sponsored by Magellan
- Friday 15th July 2005 Tower Court, Leeds Road by Peter Marsh - Head at All Saints PS
sponsored by Erkulis
- December 2005 The Old Grammar School, Skipton Road sponsored by The Govs of the Foundation IGS, Keighley Community Chest & Mr J Shaw
- Monday July 17th 2006 4pm Grove House – Abbeyfield, Riddings Road by Ann Cryer MP
sponsored by Ilkley Parish Council, Ilkley Civic Society & Brewster Bye
- Sunday September 10th 2006 – Grove Square Regent Road
sponsored by Burley Developments
- Sunday October 8th 2006 – Ilkley Playhouse Weston Road by Timothy West
sponsored by Ilkley Parish Council, Ilkley Civic Society & Ilkley Players
- Saturday November 10th 2007 - Chapel House Wells Road
sponsored by Chapel House Management Co & ICS
- Monday 26th November 2007 - St John’s , Queen’s Rd
sponsored by Remstone / Valedown
- Friday 22nd February 2008 - Thorpe Hall, Queen’s Dr
sponsored by ICS & Thorpe Hall Management Co (Ilkley) Ltd
- Monday 11th August 2008 – Railway Station, Station Road by Cllr Chris Greaves Chman Metro
sponsored by Tiger No 2 Ltd Partnership & Optic Asset Management Ltd
- Thursday 30th October 2008 – Deaconess Court, Queens Road in presences of Deacons
sponsored by I C S & Accent Yorkshire Ltd.
- Thursday 15th January 2009 - Craiglands Hotel, Cowpasture Road by Cllr Kate Brown Chman IPC
sponsored by I C S & Craiglands
- Friday 3rd July 2009 - Pinfold, Weston Road by Cllr Alan Morrell - Chman IPC
sponsored by Ilkley Parish Council & ICS
- Tuesday 11th July 2009 - Hillside Court, Crossbeck Road by Prof Mike Dixon
sponsored by Ilkley Parish Council, Grainger PLC & ICS
- Tuesday 28th December 2010 - Old Wesleyan Chapel, Skipton Road
sponsored by I C S & Paul Bourgeois
- Monday 25th June 2011 - The Crescent Hotel, Brook St
sponsored by Le Bistrot Pierre & ICS
- Sunday 25th November 2012 - The Drill Hall, Leeds Rd sponsored by Dobson Builders Ltd
- November 2020 - The Rombalds, Wells Rd sponsored by Burley Developments & ICS
You can also see a list of the Blue Plaques with a map showing where they are at:
Press Release for ICS Blue Plaque The Rombalds, Wells Rd Nov 2020
Ilkley Civic Society has a blue plaque scheme to celebrate the history of Ilkley and buildings that have shaped the town. The scheme is modelled on the familiar blue plaques which appear in London, Leeds and other places.
The Ilkley scheme started in 2004 with two blue plaques - the Town Hall unveiled by Alan Titchmarsh and Ilkley Manor House unveiled by Ann Cryer MP.
This November the twentieth blue plaque has been put up on The Rombalds, sponsored by Burley Developments and Ilkley Civic Society.
We hope to celebrate the plaque and the history of the building with the residents of The Rombalds next year.
For more background go to 2020_11_Rombalds_press_release_without_pic.doc